This kind of goes hand-in-hand with yesterday’s post. For a thorough intro, read that first, because I’m too lazy to type it all again. Back? Okay. For those of you (a.k.a. all of you) who didn’t go read it, I will summarize. Some people take themselves too seriously. Everyone these days is obsessed with finding the perfect image for themselves, and too worried about how they might be perceived by others.
Now. Adding on from that. There’s also people who like to think their good at everything. Or people who are obsessed with being good at everything. Believe me, they’re out there.
And I have a very “flaunt what you’ve got” mentality. Everybody’s bad at something. It’s okay. Let it out. And this isn’t like those people who like to brag about how they’re super bad at spelling, or eating healthy, or talking to boys, or not procrastinating, or about them just being socially awkward-anything that its kind of “hip” or “cool” to be bad at.
These are things that people generally like to be good at. Things that aren’t so cool. But you know what? Ill be the first to throw it all out there. Here is a list of things I truly suck at, and hopefully this makes you feel a little better about yourself.
1) Curling my hair. I am absolutely amazed at people who can curl their own hair. I don’t understand it. How? How do you get the back? How do not burn yourself excessively? Practice, probably, but I’m way to lazy to do that.
2) Painting my nails. I am mesmerized by the intricate little nail designs people can achieve. Like, I mean with actual nail polish, by themselves, not using stickers or some Asian at a salon. (Sorry for the dab or racism there-I couldn’t resist. Really.)
3) Getting up early. Oh man…this ones a biggie. I am awful at this, I swear. I’ll wake up, hit snooze, hit snooze, hit snooze…then I’ll lay there for another 20 minutes, just telling myself “Okay…I’ll get up…now. Okay…now. How about now? No? I really need to get up now…nope…” Once I get up and running I’m okay, but it takes a lot to get me there. Like, a LOT.
4) Baseball or softball. I am scared of things being thrown at me. Part of this is because I am horribly uncoordinated. Anything part is I’m scared of being hit in the face and all my teeth being knocked out. So you can see how standing there with a rock-hard ball hurling at my head with nothing but a wooden stick to defend myself, wouldn’t be very appealing.
5) Soccer. Same reasons. My foot coordination is even worse than my hand. And balls have the uncanny ability to find me. It’s like they smell fear or something.
6) Talking to/interacting with children. I do not like kids. At all. They’re gross, whiney, rude little creatures. And when I do meet one that’s slightly okay, I have no idea how to talk to them. I tend to either talk like they’re stupid, or like they’re one of my peers, using sarcasm and jokes they don’t understand. I refuse to gush out praise or baby them. Hugs and hand holding are out of the question.
7) Running. I wish I could be one of those people who likes to run. I wish I could just relax into a groove and let my mind wander. And my mind does wander, just not very much. I tend to mostly just think about how bored I am, and then I think about how I’m tired (even if I’m not that tired) and then that makes me that much more tired, and then I get super bored, like I can’t run any longer or I’m going to shoot myself in the face. And then I stop. No self-motivation, I tell you.
8) Going to a store and leaving with ONLY what I NEED. Yea…this never happens.
9) Finishing a lip balm before buying a new one. Self explanatory…seriously I have so many it’s not even funny.
10) Taking short showers. So l like long, leisurely, showers. Sue me.
So there’s a few. Ill add more as I think of them, but that’s enough for today. Comments are always welcome!!